Crown Valley Community Center, Crown Valley Park Improvement Project, Tier III
The Crown Valley Park Improvement Project Tier III includes a 30,000-square foot Crown Valley Community Center with staff offices and rooms available to rent by the public for special events. The three-story building will have a contemporary look and features a dedicated art room, fitness and dance room, collaborative tech room, multi-purpose room with a 300-person dining capacity and a catering kitchen, and multi-purpose classrooms. The lower aquatics level features locker rooms with private changing areas and classrooms that open to the pool deck. The upper level will feature an outdoor rooftop patio overlooking the pool.
The City began construction of the new Community Center on August 13, 2018, with the goal of completing the final phase of the project in early 2020.
To ensure the safety of our patrons, the Sprayground and Playground are closed until further notice.
During construction, the Parks and Recreation Registration Office is located near the Crown Valley Park entrance in the North Parking Lot (as you enter the park, make an immediate right).
The Laguna Niguel Family YMCA is open during construction. We appreciate your patience during the construction delays.
Access road in Crown Valley Park to the YMCA and adjoining parking lot will be closed from Monday, September 2, 2019 to Monday, October 7, 2019. The YMCA and Laguna Niguel Aquatic Center (LNAC) will remain open during this time.
This construction-related closure will allow us to do required work including: installation of utilities, underground storm water retention basin, total reconstruction of the roadway elevations and much more. There will be a number of designated parking areas within and adjacent to Crown Valley Park for YMCA members and pool patrons to walk on the pedestrian trails or take an ADA accessible shuttle to the front of the YMCA building or Laguna Niguel Aquatic Center. Any modifications to classes, hours or services will be communicated in the following days.
The Niguel Botanical Preserve is open to the public during construction, but parking is extremely limited within Crown Valley Park.
Crown Valley Community Center Construction Activity Timeline:
- July 31, 10 am – Groundbreaking Ceremony (amphitheater).
- August 1 and August 3, 6 am - Staff offices/Registration office trailer delivery to the softball field area at CVP.
- August 1 through September 30 –Trail work on the portion between the bridge entrance and the YMCA.
- August 11, 11 am-1 pm – Open House at the soon-to-be-demolished Community Center. Patrons can view renderings, talk to staff about closures, eat pizza and sign the walls in the building.
- August 12 – Last day of service at the pool, Sprayground, playground and amphitheater.
- August 13 through August 17 – Staff relocation to new offices. During this week, the phones and computers at CVP will be down. Patrons wanting to register for classes, questions, etc will be referred to staff at Sea Country Senior and Community Center.
- August 13 – Official Start of Construction.
- August 20 – Reopen Registration office to the public in the modular building at CVP.
- Summer 2019 – Pool Reopened on June 17
- Spring 2020 – Crown Valley Community Center Grand Opening.