Laguna Niguel Police Services offers businesses the opportunity to become part of Business Watch - a crime prevention program that enlists the active participation of citizens in cooperation with law enforcement to reduce commercial crime in their community. Business Watch involves the following:
- Business owners getting to know each other, taking the time to care about each other and working together in a program of mutual assistance.
- Citizens being trained to recognize and report suspicious activities in their communities.
- Crime prevention strategies such as business security, Operation Identification, and others being implemented by citizens.
The following services are offered to commercial property owners and managers:
- Security surveys conducted on-site to make your property more secure.
- Safety and training sessions for your employees.
- Burglary and robbery procedures.
- Safety programs for employees.
Why Business Watch?
There can’t be a law enforcement officer on every corner, so citizen’s involvement is essential to combat crime. You and your fellow merchants are the ones who really know what is going on in your community. By cooperation with each other and the police, people can help fight crime in their community in the most effective way – before it begins! Business Watch members place a decal in their store front windows and post Business Watch signs on there commercial property, warning criminals that they are in an active Business Watch Community, and that merchants are watching out for each other. Also, each member of Business Watch is assigned a member number (on decal) which is used to contact business owners in case of an after hour emergency such as a unsecured door or window, a window smash, or a burglary.